Rick Baker Promises Retro MiB3, Can't Promise Better Movie Than MiB2
Hollywood effects legend Rick Baker spoke to Shock Til You Drop about his work on Men In Black 3, showing immense pride in the retro B-movie style designs adopted for the time-travel sequel.
"The thing that's cool is there is a time travel element [to the story]. Where I had fun is that we go back to the Men in Black headquarters of the '60s. The first thing I said is that we should have retro aliens, not aliens of 2012. More based on B-movies of the '50s and '60s. So, a lot of the aliens are based on that. Space suits with fishbowl helmets and ray guns."
When he isn't writing for the prestigious site you currently find yourself reading, Andrew is busy either writing for EatSleepLiveFilm or posting pictures of dogs in hats on Facebook. He fell in love with movies after a double-bill of The Empire Strikes Back & Return of The Jedi at the tender age of four. His favourite film is Goodfellas, his favourite director is Martin Scorsese, his favourite actor is Paul Newman. Caught you off guard there, eh? You were expecting Robert De Niro or something.
Latest from Andy Shaw
- The Trippy, Haunting Trailer For Ben Wheatley's A Field In England
- Sorry, Shia, No Nookie For You; Nymphomaniac Employs Digital Wizardry For Hardcore Sex Scenes
- The Wolverine's Latest Trailer Explores Guilt And Mortality... And A Big Robot Samurai
- Character Posters Of Steel: Superman, Jor-El & Zod Pose For The Cameras
- Shameless Hit-Grabbing: Jennifer Lawrence Is Naked (And Blue) In This X-Men: Days of Future Past Image
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.